Fix Deleting Draft Error of Mac Mailbox
Can’t delete drafts in Mac Mail app?
If it’s an error message that looks like
The specified object was not found in the store., The process failed to get the correct properties.
It sounds like you are experiencing the same issue I met when I was deleting a draft in my Mac Mail application. I’m here to help you out.
How to Fix
There could be a few reasons for this error message. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
I’ve fixed the mailbox by applying step 5, so maybe try step 5 directly if you are quite familiar with using macOS.
- Restart your Mac: Sometimes, simply restarting your Mac can resolve issues like this. Close any open apps and restart your Mac by going to the Apple menu and selecting “Restart.”
- Check your internet connection: Make sure your internet connection is stable and has a strong connection. If your internet connection is slow or unstable, it could cause issues with Mac Mail.
- Check for updates: It’s a good idea to ensure that you have the latest version of Mac Mail and that your Mac is up to date. To check for updates, go to the Apple menu and select “System Preferences.” Then click on the “Software Update” icon to check for available updates.
- Force quit Mac Mail: If the app is behaving unexpectedly, you may need to force quit it. To do this, go to the Apple menu and select “Force Quit.” Select Mac Mail from the list of apps and click “Force Quit.” Then, re-open Mac Mail and try deleting the draft again.
- Repair the mailbox: If the steps above don’t resolve the issue, you may need to repair the mailbox. To do this, open Mac Mail and go to the “Mailbox” menu. Select “Rebuild” from the menu and wait for the process to complete. This may take some time, depending on the size of your mailbox.
If none of these steps helps, you may need further assistance from Apple or a qualified Mac technician.
Please comment and let me know if you want to share your experience. I’ll appreciate it.